Thursday, September 1, 2011

A more limited day! 30.8.2011.

Truth is over the last couple of weeks I've had trouble with my back. This was a bad one with my walking around slowly, very slowly. Not something I suffer from so no idea what the remedy is. For this morning, at least, I decided a good session of photography at Titchwell would be a sensible remedy.

It turned out to be a routine day with a Cetti's Warbler singing off the main track and waders everywhere. Having settled in the first thing that happened was that a Greater Flamingo flew in from the south and landed on one of the pools. Who's lost that one then? The waders were a bit skittish and moved around quite a lot. Best of all, for me , were the Curlew Sandpipers!



The morning progressed on with nothing new moving through but with other opportunities arising , particularly with the Ruff that were ranging over the whole freshwater marsh.


Eventually I made my way off site and parked up for quite a while at various vantage points , although to no avail. I then went to Cley again and did a seawatch, the lure of messages of Long-tailed Skuas further north being too much to ignore. Sadly, precious little was on the move although a Manx Shearwater flew west and odd Arctic and a couple of Great Skua moved east. As I returned along the edge of Arnold's Marsh several Bearded Tits appeared in the reed beds below the path and showed well for a short time. Of further interest was a young Black=tailed Godwit carrying leg flags about which I'll get the details of its movements in due course. A day that eventually turned out better than forecast!!



No comments: