Monday, August 25, 2008

16-22 August, 2008.

A relaxing week with my eldest daughter, Ashley, visiting so little birdwatching done. Time spent talking, walking, eating, reading and watching the Olympics!!!My television watching profile has been altered considerably with a conversion to
"Come Dine with Me", "Friends", a variety of Soaps ( what happened to Jack and Vera, Len and Elsie, Dirty Den .....seems I've a few episodes of various programmes to catch up on!! ). I've been persuaded to watch out for re-runs of "Sex and the City" or the new film. Worse still my very social positioning has been severely questioned....I'm not on Facebook! The realisation that my computer address book has fewer contacts than appears to be the case for most Facebook devotees suggests a tendency to reclusiveness!!

On more familiar ground we did have a gorgeous walk across to Frenchman's Rocks with the local Atlantic Grey Seals putting on a show just below us. How they can doze upright in a strong swell is very impressive, with only the occasional opening of their dark liquid eyes!! In wonderful holiday weather ( a contra for good birding ) odd Great Skuas were moving through as well as shearwaters and Gannets. A juvenile Cuckoo hanging around locally for a couple of days was a nice surprise.

All in all, a good time.

No comments: