Friday, August 26, 2011

Rather a wet experience. 26.8.2011

Before leaving for Norfolk tomorrow ( Saturday ) I'd promised myself a visit to Flamborough and Bempton on Yorkshire's east coast. The day commenced with rain and, sadly, got steadily worse.

Setting such conditions aside I decided to go direct to Flamborough and , hopefully, see the Greenish Warbler reported from Old Fall Wood. Well, it was raining as I got there, and raining far worse when I left three hours later, and it hadn't stopped raining in between.! I heard the bird twice, but never saw it, so ,all in all it was a complete failure of a day. The sum total of birds seen was Garden Warbler, Blackcap, Willow Warbler, Robin, Blue Tit, Blackbird, Kestrel, Linnet and Meadow Pipit......not a good outcome when linked to an absolute drenching!! Driving conditions back to base were absolutely horrendous and it was a relief to get to the end of the journey. Are we due for a Bank Holiday I ask myself? Incidentally, I'm unsure of what WiFi access I may have access to next week , so bear with me.

No comments: