Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hors de Combat!

The last two days have seen me more or less out of things due to an injury to my back , sustained last week. At various intervals I'm afraid I've more assumed the posture of an Arabian potentate, supported by cushions whilst reading trip reports and the like ( and minus the grapes, dancing girls and wealth let it be said! ).

So I'm bored, but have had time to study the flow of common passerines which are moving inexorably northwards. Lesser Redpoll, Siskin, Chaffinch, Goldfinch and increasing numbers of Greenfinch are on the move, but, temporarily , taking up residence in the garden. A fine male Sparrowhawk depleted the Goldfinch and sped away with its prize after being disturbed. At least I've had some opportunity to catch up with admin work and help with some of the arrangements for the Argyll Bird Club visit this coming weekend. Whilst I'm not yet sure I shall play much of a part the forecast looks good and augurs well for a productive time. The main priority now is to be back into fieldwork be it BTO Atlas work, moth recording (on Jura ) or some new mammal recording I've set up.

No comments: