Saturday, June 20, 2009

19th June,2009.

I have to confess this is just as much about testing my success in "fine tuning" my PC, and its arrangements with the Internet, as it is in imparting information about birds!! Most of my time recently has been spent immersed with the former, so it's a good thing that it's June with not a lot happening!!! Your reading this will signify success....the alternative is not worth contemplating!!!

I was intrigued today to see a dozen or so female Bar-tailed Godwits on Loch Indaal as it's getting a bit late for migrant birds that still have a long journey to complete. However, there they were with an assortment of gulls and Oystercatchers. In a perverse way it won't actually be very long before the first waders begin to return from the Arctic. Early July often sees a few Redshank and Black-tailed Godwit parties offshore as the harbingers of what will then be a process extending over three to four months for a wide variety of species. An exciting time!!!!

Well, folks, I've to press the button at some point, so here goes.......

No comments: